Here are some points jotted below as New Education Policy 2020 has been announced with vast changes for school and higher education platforms in india.
1. class 10+2 board pattern structure has been dropped.
2. New school and higher academic structure will be comprised of 5 years + 3 years + 3 years + 4 years time duration.
3. Upto 5 academic years pre school, 6 to 8 academic years Mid School, 8 to 11 academic years High School , 12 onwards Graduation course.
4. Any Degree will be completed by 4 years.
5. From 6th std onwards vocational courses are available to students.
6. From 8th to 11th std students are feasible to choose their subjects of interest.
7. All graduation course will have major and minor subjects for academics.
Example – Science student can have Physics as Major and Music as minor also. Any combination for students that they can choose of their choice.
10. All higher education will be governed by only one authority.
9. UGC AICTE will be merged.
10. All universities will have similar grading and other rules in government, private, open, deemed, vocational etc.
11. New teacher training board will be established for all types of teachers in the country, no state can change it.
12. Any college will get equal level of accreditation, autonomous rights and funds based on its rating college.
13. A new basic teaching program will be created by the government for parents to teach children up to 3 years old at home and for pre-school 3 years age to 6 years age.
14. Multiple entry and exit from any course is possible.
15. The credit system for the graduate for each year will give the student some credits that he can use if he takes a break in the course and comes back again to complete the course.
16. All schools will have examinations twice a year semester-wise.
17. Syllabus will be reduced to the level of basic knowledge of any particular subject.
18. Students should pay more attention to practical and application knowledge.
19. For any undergraduate course, if the student completes only one year, he will get a basic certificate, if he completes two years, he will get a diploma certificate and if he completes the full course, he will get a degree certificate. So no year of any student will be vested if he breaks the course in between of particular opted academic course.
20. All undergraduate course feeds of all universities will be governed by a single authority with capping on each course.
Note:- class 10+2 board structure drop that comes under New Education Policy 2020 will be implemented in year 2022 academics, the 4 year Degree rule and all..
Hope so New Education Policy 2020 could bring our education system a better essence for our country students to walk towards a bright mode.