This article will help you, students, in knowing about the entity physics a subject is very important for science students and its topmost physicists and their inventions in physics.
What is physics
Physics is a branch of science that studies matter and its motion as well as how it interacts with energy and forces. Physics is a part of the basic science subject. There are many branches of physics including astronomy, motion, waves, electricity, theory of relativity, sound, and light.
Physics studies the smallest elementary particles and atoms as well as the largest stars and the universe. Scientists who are experts in physics are called physicists.
Physicists use the scientific method to develop scientific laws and to test hypotheses. Some of the most famous scientists in history are considered physicists such as Galileo Galilei, Isaac Newton, and Albert Einstein.
Scientists and their inventions in physics
1) Albert Einstein – published the theory of relativity.
2) Sir Isaac Newton – published the three laws of motion and explained how gravity works.
3) Galileo – demonstrated that heavy objects do not fall faster than lighter ones in his famous Leaning Tower of Pisa experiment also well-known as the father of modern physics. Galileo also registered his name into the invention of the telescope.
4) Benjamin Franklin – Inventor of electricity.
5) Nicholas Copernicus – discovered that the Earth rotates around the Sun.
6) John Dalton – described the atom and the atomic theory of matter into chemistry, and also for his research into colour blindness.
7) Alexander Graham Bell – discovered the telephone which became the lifline of todays era in communication.
8) Max Planck – discoved the energy quanta and described quantum theory for which he won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.
9) Werner Karl Heisenberg – a German physicist one of the key pioneers of quantum mechanics.
10) Sir J.J Thomson – discoved the electron, which was the first subatomic particles and proved the existence of isotopes for stable elements.
Top Important definitions in physics Read More
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: What are the most basic important formulas In physics? | Techniyojan